The Biggest Mistake Vehicle Owners Make
When you need auto repairs, have you ever made the mistake of doing the auto repairs yourself? Learn why you should leave the auto repairs to the professionals. Which in the long run saves you time and money and in today’s society is precious to all.
According to an article at autos.aol.com, “How Much Damage Can You Do to Your Vehicle?”
“A recent study by CarMD.com, which polled professional mechanics, putting off oil changes is one of the top ten worst things that you can do to your car. Along with neglecting other small repairs, such as replacing the air filter, small issues can snowball into much bigger problems — like engine failure — and huge repair bills in the future.
And you should stop doing one thing you’re probably doing this winter that you think helps your vehicle: Warming it up. Cars no longer need to be warmed up in the winter, and doing so wastes gas and makes the car more enticing to car thieves. (Because very few people sit inside their car while it’s warming up.) Sure, your engine reaches maximum efficiency when it’s warm, but modern engines warm up fast enough while driving, so you don’t need to waste time and fuel letting the car sit idle.
Here are the top ten things that can seriously cost you down the road, in no particular order:
- Putting off scheduled maintenance
- Ignoring the check engine light
- Neglecting to change your oil on time or at all
- Failing to check tire pressure
- Ignoring transmission, brake, coolant and other fluid services
- Continuing to drive your vehicle when it overheats
- Not changing the fuel and air filters
- Having an unqualified person or service center service your vehicle” To read the entire article click here.
For the best Reno auto repair service, contact Wayne’s Automotive Center at 775-525-9366 or visit waynesautocenter.com.