It has been a long, hard winter and your vehicle most likely needs some TLC so it will be primed and ready for spring and summer. Below is our list of Spring Check Up items that should be performed on your vehicle within the next couple of weeks.
- Remove winter tires. If you do not use winter tires make sure your all season tires are pressurized properly and rotated every 5,000 to 7,500 to increase tread life.
- Remove ski racks and winter driving supplies such as sand and shovels. Less weight and wind resistance equals better gas mileage.
- Clean the vehicle inside and out. Wash the underside of the car to remove road residue and salt.
- Put a vinyl protectant on interior surfaces and wax on exterior paint surfaces that will now be subject to more intense sunlight exposure.
- Change the motor oil at the next recommended service interval and switch to a heavier weight summer oil if applicable. Make sure other vital fluids such as coolant, transmission fluid, etc are checked when the oil is changed.
- Have your battery tested and make sure the connections are clean.
- Finally, turn on your air conditioning to make sure it is working properly before the really hot days of summer arrive!
If your vehicle is driving noticeably different in any way, or making noises that it did not used to make last fall, it is a good idea to find out why before you head out on any long trips. If you are looking for Auto Repair Reno NV or Diesel Repair Reno NV for car maintenance or automotive repair, please contact us at Wayne’s Automotive Center(775) 356-6996.