With spring around the corner what more than a perfect time to get your vehicle serviced? Let’s take a look at recommended spring auto maintenance.
According to an article at ase.com, “Auto Care Tips”
- Read the owner’s manual and follow the recommended service schedules.
- Have hard starts, rough idling, stalling, etc. corrected before hot weather sets in.
- Flush and refill the cooling system (radiator) according to the service manual’s recommendations. The level, condition, and concentration of the coolant should be checked periodically.
- If you are not a do-it-yourselfer, look for repair facilities that employ ASE-certified automotive technicians.
- The tightness and condition of belts, clamps, and hoses should be checked by a qualified auto technician.
- Have a marginally operating air conditioner system serviced by a qualified technician to reduce the likelihood of more costly repairs.
- Change the oil and oil filter as specified in owner’s manual. (Properly dispose of used oil.)
- Replace other filters (air, fuel, PCV, etc.) as recommended.
- Check the condition of tires, including the spare. Always check tire pressure when the tires are cold.” To read the entire article click here.
Wayne’s Automotive Center is here to better serve you in the Reno and Sparks area for all you auto repair needs. For more information contact Wayne’s Automotive Center at 775-356-6996 or visit WaynesAutoCenter.com.