How to Tell It’s Time Your Vehicle Needs a Brake Inspection in Reno
Did you know that August is brake awareness month? Learn signs that your car needs to have a brake inspection.
According to an article at carcare.org, “Routine Auto Maintenance Service”
“During Brake Safety Awareness Month in August, the Car Care Council reminds motorists that routine brake inspections are essential to safe driving and maintaining your vehicle.
“When it comes to vehicle safety, the brake system is at the top of the list, so have your brakes checked by an auto service professional at least once a year,” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council. “Knowing the key warning signs that your brakes may need maintenance will go a long way toward keeping you and others safe on the road.”
The Car Care Council recommends that motorists watch for seven signs that their brakes need to be inspected:
- Noise: screeching, grinding or clicking noises when applying the brakes.
- Pulling: vehicle pulls to one side while braking.
- Low Pedal: brake pedal nearly touches the floor before engaging.
- Hard Pedal: must apply extreme pressure to the pedal before brakes engage.
- Grabbing: brakes grab at the slightest touch to the pedal.
- Vibration: brake pedal vibrates or pulses, even under normal braking conditions.
- Light: brake light is illuminated on your vehicle’s dashboard.” To read the entire article click here.
To schedule a brake inspection in Reno, contact Wayne’s Automotive Center at 775-525-9366 or visit waynesautocenter.com for more information on our auto services.