Will you be one of the many families traveling this Thanksgiving holiday? Before you hit the road for your annual family road trip, let’s take a look at fuel saving tips.
According to an article at carcare.org, “Fuel Efficiency Auto Tips”
• Engine Performance: Keep your car properly tuned to improve gas mileage by an average of 4 percent.
• Tire Pressure: Keep tires properly inflated and improve gas mileage by up to 3.3 percent.
• Motor Oil: Improve gas mileage by 1 to 2 percent by using the grade of motor oil recommended by the manufacturer.
• Air Filters: Replacing clogged air filters on older vehicles can improve fuel economy and will improve performance and acceleration on all vehicles.
• Gas Cap: Damaged, loose or missing gas caps allow gas to vaporize into the air.
• Fix It: Addressing a serious maintenance problem, like a faulty oxygen sensor, can improve mileage by as much as 40 percent, according to www.fueleconomy.gov.
In addition to vehicle maintenance, modifying driving habits, such as observing the speed limit and avoiding quick stops and starts, can also increase fuel efficiency. Consolidating trips, avoiding excessive idling and removing unnecessary items from the trunk are also easy ways to lower fuel consumption.” To read the entire article click here.
Wayne’s Auto Center offer auto repairs from professional auto mechanics in the Reno and Sparks area. For more information contact Wayne’s Automotive Center at 775-356-6996 or visit waynesautocenter.com.