Auto Maintenance Tips from Wayne’s Automotive Center in Reno Nevada
Do you ever feel lost when it comes to auto repairs? Not sure when auto maintenance needs to be done unless the dashboard light reminds you? Learn about common auto maintenance that every vehicle needs done in Reno Nevada.
According to an article at glass-staramerica.com, “Regular Car Maintenance Tips”
“The truth about cars is that they do eventually start to have problems, no matter how much we may try to prevent it. Car problems are a loathed hassle to have to deal with. While there is no way to protect yourself from all car issues, there are steps that you can take to avoid them. Here are ten car maintenance tips that you can follow in order to prevent future troubles:
1. Engine Cooling System: An engine overheating will cause serious damage to your car. This is definitely something that you want to avoid at all costs. Make sure you regularly check your coolant and make sure that it is filled to the line. If you discover that you have a coolant leak, bring your car to be fixed right away.
2. Air Filter: Dirty air filters cause a loss of engine power and reduced gas mileage. Air filters need to be replaced periodically. You can check your owner’s manual for replacement details for your car.
3. Spark Plugs and Timing Belts: Just as with air filters, these parts also need to be changed regularly to maintain engine efficiency.
4. Brakes: Having brake pads changed is an important money-saving maintenance tip. Brake pads are relatively inexpensive, but if you let the brakes bind it will be a costly repair.
5. Battery: Check battery terminals to see if they are corroded. Corroded battery terminals can cause lots of problems including low charge, trouble starting, and dim headlights. Also if you see any battery leaks, change the battery right away.
6. Oil: Oil should be checked at least once a month. If oil levels are low, re-fill to the line and check for leaks. Oil should be changed every 3 months or 3,000 miles, whichever comes first. Old oil can cause major damage to the engine.
7. Tires: Check your tire pressure at least once a month. The proper pressure should be listed in your owner’s manual. Tires should be rotated at every other oil change to ensure that they wear evenly. There is a safe limit of tread wear and once that limit is passed, the tires are unsafe. Replace them.
8. Windshield Wipers: Old wipers can damage the windshield and replacing them is only a few dollars. Besides damaging your windshield, they can be hazardous to your driving since you can’t see out of your windshield if the wipers don’t work!
9. Clutch: If you have a manual transmission, do not keep your foot on the clutch while driving. If you do this, you can cause serious transmission problems.
10. Regular Service: Taking your car to a professional mechanic will save you lots of money in the long run. Regular checks allow minor problems to found and fixed, preventing them from turning into major, expensive issues.”
Need your vehicle serviced in Reno Nevada? Wayne’s Automotive Center is the place to go for all your auto repair and auto maintenance, visit WaynesAutoCenter.com.