6 Auto Tips that Every New Driver Needs to Know
As many parents prepare their teens for the road, did you forget to prepare them on how to properly maintain a vehicle? Learn tips that every new driver needs to know about preventative auto maintenance.
According to an article at carcare.org, “6 Preventative Auto Maintenance Tips”
- “Check all fluids, including engine oil, power steering, brake and transmission as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant.
- Check the hoses and belts to make sure they are not cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or showing signs of excessive wear.
- Check the battery and replace if necessary. Make sure the connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free.
- Check the brake system annually and have the brake linings, rotors and drums inspected at each oil change.
- Inspect the exhaust system for leaks, damage and broken supports or hangers if there is an unusual noise. Exhaust leaks can be dangerous and must be corrected without delay.
- Schedule a tune-up to help the engine deliver the best balance of power and fuel economy and produce the lowest level of emissions.” To read the entire article click here.
For honest and devoted automotive technicians, Wayne’s Automotive Center is your trusted auto repair shop in Reno. To schedule auto repair service contact Wayne’s Automotive Center at 775-525-9366 or visit waynesautocenter.com.