5 Signs That it’s Time for a Tire Alignment in Reno
Can you remember the last time your vehicle got a tire alignment? Learn the signs that suggest that it’s time for an alignment.
According to an article at carsdirect.com, “How to Determine Your Vehicle Needs an Alignment”
“Proper tire alignment is important to avoid excessive wear on tires and vehicle parts. Bad tire alignment can decrease your MPG, make wheels work against each other, and wear out tires by causing bad tread wear patterns. Here are some signs that suggest you need an alignment fix.
- Uneven wear. If one of your front or back tires shows a much different wear pattern than it’s opposite, more likely than not, it’s time for a tire alignment.
- Pulling to the right or left. If a vehicle’s wheels are badly out of alignment, you’ll notice the vehicle will automatically try to turn to one side or another. If you have to wrestle with the wheel, it’s time for an alignment, so that the wheels all point in the right directions.
- Passive pulling. With a lesser alignment problem, the vehicle may not actively pull, but when you let the car go straight ahead, without a hand on the steering wheel, the vehicle may naturally drift off to one direction or another. This is also a sign of an alignment problem.
- Vibration. Bad alignment can also cause vibration as wheels pull against each other. If your car is shaking while running down the road, check your alignment.
- A crooked steering wheel. Another sign of a vehicle that is out of alignment is that the steering wheel may be crooked while the car or truck is going straight ahead. Keep an eye on this tell-tale signal of an alignment problem.” To read the entire article click here.